Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Sweet Tooth? My acceptance into Skinny Land

I just had my initial acceptance to Skinny Land (or, well, maybe just - Not Fat Land). Tonight I made a pirate cake for Johhny's birthday, as you can see in the post above. In order to do this, I had to go to the grocery store and buy a ton of candy (you can't just get one lifesaver for a pirate earring or one m&m for a pirate eyeball, you know). I also had to buy a big mix bag of candy for the pinata (the big bag of candy of course did not contain the eyeball or earring pieces I needed). I'll set the scene for you .... I'm standing in the line, my red basket FULL of candy, and I might add, some sugar free apple cider, are sitting on the belt, and a there is a gentleman about my age in a beanie is standing in line in front of me. He takes a look at my basket and says (almost in a flirty way), "You've got a sweet tooth, huh?". Hold on. What? Seriously, what did you just say? You are making a comment about all the candy in my basket? You think I am going to head home and eat it all right now, huh? My first reaction was to say "Wow, thanks.... a&@hole!" But then I realized he wasn't being mean. This is something that is ok for skinny people to say to other skinny people! It isn't offensive! Whoa, my whole world was just turned upside down. I then showed him the picture of the pirate cake and the list and he said, "Cool" and we parted ways. So, I now know the secret way that people who don't struggle with their weight see others... sweet toothed skinny people just like candy and thats ok, sweet toothed overweight people eat it all in the car on the way home. I still ate some in the car on the way home. Take that skinny land. (or, alternate ending... You'll never understand Skinny Land)

2 comments:

Kale for Sale said...

I laughed out loud that you still ate some in the car. My theory is that sweet food just tastes better when eaten in the car.

mandie said...

I love it. Which reminds me of Autobiography of a Fat Bride by Lauri Notaro.