Monday, October 19, 2009

The Tummy Tub

My friends Wendy and Caleb told me about a different kind of bathtub called the Tummy Tub. It is basically a bucket that the kid gets set down in for their bath. The idea behind this is that the baby stays warm and more comfortable in the water since it mimics being back in the womb.

Olive liked it at first, but it was short lived. I think her cries were more my fault than the Tummy Tub's. It is going to take a bit of practice for me to hold her in there comfortably for both of us. It shouldn't have been on the counter either, the directions show the parents sitting on a low stool and the bucket on the ground. Makes more sense. We'll keep practicing...

Oh, and she promptly pee'd on me when I was drying her off.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Using it on the countertop is fine! Just make sure her shoulders are covered with water and it is the right temperature. She should curl up in fetal position and relax. The first few times, don't try to bathe her, just let her soak. Enjoy!